What’s New on the 2022 Chevy Truck Lineup
Chevy trucks are outstanding vehicles with exceptional styling, convenience, utility, and reliability. With three classes of trucks to choose from, including the Colorado, Silverado, and Silverado HD, there’s undoubtedly a Chevy truck to fit your needs. In addition, the 2022 Colorado, 2022 Silverado, and 2022 Silverado HD are loaded with updates and new features you’re sure to love. Let’s explore the updates and new features Chevy has incorporated into its 2022 Chevy truck lineup.
2022 Chevy Colorado
If you’re seeking the versatility of a traditional pickup without the commitment of owning a full-size truck, the 2022 Chevrolet Colorado might be what you’re looking for. This midsize truck may be a tad bit smaller than the 2022 Silverado but boasts impressive overall performance numbers such as a maximum tow rating of 7,700 pounds and a maximum payload of 1,550 pounds.
The standard motor for the 2022 Colorado is a 2.5-liter inline-four with 200 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque. In addition, there are two more available motors for the Colorado. The first is a 3.6-liter V-6 with 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. The second is a turbodiesel 2.8-liter inline-four with 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque.
The interior of the Colorado is spacious and provides comfortable seating for front and back seat passengers. In addition, the Chevrolet infotainment system with an optional 8-inch touch screen, navigation, built-in Wi-Fi hot spot, and available Amazon Alexa will keep you connected and entertained.
New for the 2022 Colorado, Chevy is introducing the Trail Boss package, available on the LT and Z71 trim levels. This dealer installed package includes:
- Front and midvehicle skid plates.
- A 1-inch suspension-leveling kit.
- Black Chevrolet and Colorado bow tie emblems.
- 17-inch Black ZR2 accessory wheels.
- Elimination of the front air dam.
- Red tow hooks.
2022 Chevy Silverado
When nothing less than a full-size truck will do, the 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 will fit the bill nicely. With a heavy focus on a redesign, the 2022 Chevy Silverado has many updates and new features for you to take advantage of. The exterior design of the Silverado has been elevated, and the interior is more expressive than ever with impressively enhanced technology. A few of these available new features include:
- A 13.4-inch touch screen.
- Super Cruise hands-free driver-assistance technology with trailering.
- A 12.3-inch configurable digital instrument cluster.
- Google built-in with Google Assistant, Google Maps, and Google Play.
- Apple CarPlay.
A more potent version of the 2.7-liter turbo-four base motor has 310 horsepower and an increase to 420 lb-ft of torque. This stronger base motor can tow up to 9,600 pounds. In addition, you can opt for a 5.3-liter V-8 with 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque or a 6.2-liter V-8 with 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. Finally, if you prefer diesel power, the 2022 Silverado 1500 also has an option for a turbodiesel 3.0-liter inline-six that can tow up to 13,300 pounds.
The most notable update for the 2022 Silverado 1500 is the first-ever ZR2 off-road model. This new Silverado 1500 with the ZR2 off-road package is now Chevy’s flagship off-road truck with many new features that off-roaders will be excited about. You can expect new features on the 2022 Silverado ZR2, such as:
- Position-sensitive shocks.
- Spool valves.
- Electronic locking front and rear differentials.
- 33-inch mud-terrain tires.
- Red tow hooks.
- Robust skid plates.
- 18-inch custom Chevy wheels.
- A steel front bumper.
- Improved front approach angle of 3.18-degrees.
2022 Chevy Silverado HD
The 2022 Chevy Silverado HD comes as a Silverado 2500 HD and a Silverado 3500 HD. These two trucks are incredibly versatile and powerful, with ample towing and payload capacities to handle whatever you throw at them. The 2022 Silverado 2500 and 3500 HD share two powerful motors. The first is a 6.6-liter V-8 with 401 horsepower and 464 lb-ft of torque. The second is a turbodiesel 6.6-liter V-8 with 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque. Maximum towing and payload capacities vary depending on the 2022 Silverado HD’s configuration:
2022 Silverado 2500 HD:
- Gas motor:
- Max conventional towing: 14,500 pounds.
- Max fifth-wheel/gooseneck towing: 17,370 pounds.
- Two-wheel-drive max payload: 3,979 pounds.
- Four-wheel-drive max payload: 3,965 pounds.
- Max conventional towing: 18,500 pounds.
- Max fifth-wheel/gooseneck towing: 18,500 pounds.
- Two-wheel-drive max payload: 3,715 pounds.
- Four-wheel-drive max payload: 3,715 pounds.
- Gas motor:
2022 Silverado 3500 HD:
- Gas motor:
- Max conventional towing: 16,800 pounds.
- Max fifth-wheel/gooseneck towing: 17,200 pounds.
- Two-wheel-drive max payload: 7,442 pounds.
- Four-wheel-drive max payload: 7,145 pounds.
- Max conventional towing: 20,000 pounds.
- Max fifth-wheel/gooseneck towing: 36,000 pounds.
- Two-wheel-drive max payload: 6,523 pounds.
- Four-wheel-drive max payload: 6,196 pounds.
- Gas motor:
Chevy also incorporates a segment-first Advanced Trailering System into the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD. This system allows you to enable custom trailer profiles to monitor important information from the time you hitch up to the trailer. Additionally, you can stay connected in the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD with the Chevrolet infotainment system with an available 8-inch touch screen, navigation, wireless Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
New features for the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD include:
- A Multi-Flex tailgate is available on all trim levels.
- A new Greenstone Metallic exterior color.
- An available power seat on the Custom trim level.
The 2022 Chevy truck lineup is loaded with all the Chevrolet features you know and love and a few new ones as well. From a redesigned Silverado exterior to a beefed-up base Colorado motor, you can enjoy a plethora of updates and new features across the entire lineup. Contact us for more information regarding these impressive trucks or visit Dan Cummins Chevrolet Buick of Georgetown.
Our exceptional staff is ready to serve all of your automotive needs. Whether you’re purchasing a new Chevrolet vehicle or looking for professional Chevrolet service, we have you covered. Visit our conveniently located dealership and take the Chevrolet of your choosing for a test drive today. Don’t forget to ask about the 2022 updates and new features for the Colorado, Silverado, and Silverado HD.